Chicken Software LLC For those who believe cattle over pets but know cattle are ...
Comparing chickens to Cows:
- too heavy
- too much feed
- too much waste
- too much roam
- too expensive
- but tastes great
Besides there's nothing wrong with an Angry Bird when things go foul.
And from the "let's get real department"... a cow can weight about 1500 pounds and a chicken 13 pounds.
While you'd expect the disposal to be proportional... cow disposal costs between $150-$200 and a chicken $20.
If you've ever watched 'Incredible Dr Pol' or hoof triming vloggers on youtube you'd see that cows are extremely
valuable to the farmer maybe more than pets. They prvide money, food, and some affection.
For a quote on your next chicken or coop; or if you were offended by the simplicity of this page drop me an email,
- gestation - cows 283 days gestation, chickens 21 days
- maturity - cows 2 years, chickens 3-4 months
- lifespan - dairy cows 20 years, chickens 5-10 years
- keep - cow $500-$1000/year, chicken $165/year
- grazing land - calf requires 1.5-2 acres, chicken requires 2-3 sq ft